Monday, July 28, 2008

They Were Fine...And So Was I


The girls weekend was wonderful. We had a great time and laughed more than I thought was humanly possible. I have returned to the real world, revitalized and ready to go. And, as I had suppected all along, the children were great. They played. They swam. They even helped their great-grandmother make a cake. When Clay asked Charlie if he was ready for Mommy to come home, he said "No. I'm just fine." At least he acted happy to see me when I got home. So, my mother's guilt has faded and now I've started the countdown to next year's trip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool photo Rach. Makes me hungry for chocolate.
Shaun would love to help them out in licking the beaters.
Take care.
Love Ellen

Anonymous said...

Caroline looks like she is in Hog Heaven with that chocolate... hahah. LOVE EVERYONE!!!!
Unca Lee and Ky ky :)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! I would love a girls' weekend. I will have to make do with a family vacation, which isn't the same at all...LOL. Moms that take care of themselves are better moms to their kids and better wives to their husbands. I am glad you and the kids managed okay without each other.

Anonymous said...

Too cute for words ! Caroline has the grin of every woman on her face with a love for chocolate. Charlie looks like he is happy to be getting away with it :) Glad you had fun on your trip.


Cuz Kelly

Anonymous said...

charlie made her do it.
mc