Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's About That Time!




Perfectly manicured field. Roaring crowd. Eli Gold on the radio. "Yea, Alabama" playing in the background. I can almost smell the "game dogs" cooking and the bourbon being secretly poured into cokes. That's right, people. IT'S FOOTBALL TIME! I have to admit that it snuck up on me. Yesterday, as I was taking the kids' picture for the Patrician football program, I realized that it's almost here! Now, I understand that not everyone shares the same enthusiasm for Alabama football as my family does, but we just can't help it. We love everything about it, and it's not just me and Clay. Ask my kids what the elephant says and they respond "Tide Roll!" Notice in the pictures that Caroline has her "Ambama bom-boms" and Charlie has his "Ambama bootball." (not a type-o. that's what they say) They wouldn't even consider taking their pictures without them. During this time of close to unbearable heat, the impending football season gives us something to look forward to. We know that, with each passing game, the air will get cooler and, hopefully, the games will get better. So, go ahead and get excited people - FOOTBALL IS ALMOST HERE!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and get excited you 'Bama fans... 7 is near!!!!!!

And when those beautiful babies are old enough to think for themselves, they will be AUBURN FANS :)

LOVE EVERYONE!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Roll Tide!

We get pounded in Montgomery with all of the blue and orange (no one looks good in orange). Its good to see the twins have been trained right!!

Love Aunt Ellen

Lori Ellen said...

I hear ya, honey! Preach it, sister! I'm counting down the days...to Ole Miss football, that is! Although, as long as it's not the Ole Miss v. Bama game, I'm pulling for Bama too.

leea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leea said...

Girl, you are so in my brain! I am super jacked about the upcoming football season, too!
People keep asking if I am sad Rob is leaving (of course yes), but who has time to be sad when AL is playing? I have cheering to do!
Love the pictures!
Leea

Anonymous said...

what is with you people??? your children are not even potty trained and you start to brain wash them. jay and olivia think that there is no other college choice --- they have been told that THE UNIVERSITY is THE ONLY place to go to college. I honestly think they don't believe i even have a degree since my two came from livingston and south al. when i try to tell them that they will be able to choose where they want to go to college, they look at me like i am crazy, and their father just shakes his head as if to say, "silly woman, we feel so sorry for her. she doesn't understand." i try to feign concern and interest over who alabama is playing, but really i don't care.
i'm sure this will get me kicked out of butler.
oh well.
tell charlie and caroline that there are actually other universities in this state.
love you

Jamie said...

Roll Tide!