Saturday, July 19, 2008

Getting back 10 fold...



What's that Bible verse that talks about getting things back "ten fold?" Well, I'm not sure it was quite ten fold, but my kids "got me back" for one of my childhood mishaps on Tuesday. I have been told all my life that when I was around 3 years old, I decided to re-enact a commercial using a bottle of baby powder. Mom tells that we were at Mamaw's house and they noticed I had gotten very quite. They walked in one of the bed rooms (the one with the dark teal carpet) and found me in a cloud of baby powder singing "Just and sprinkle a day helps keep odors away! Carpet Fresh! Carpet Fresh!" Well, Tuesday morning, Elmo was on and so, with my children focused on learning about violins, I stepped into my room. I was there no more than 10 minutes when I came out and was met with the smell of baby powder. The children were not watching Elmo as I had left them and, to make mater worse, their bedroom door was shut. There is only one word to describe 2 two and a half year olds in their room with the door shut - TROUBLE! Well, people, I opened the door and could barely see Caroline and Charlie. They had managed to pour out 2 full bottles of baby powder onto their beds, the floor, the changing table, and there was even some up the wall. They were covered! Everything was covered! Charlie kept repeating "It's broken. Mama, it's just broken." Caroline, however, wanted to make sure that I knew that this was all Charlie's idea. Once I was able to move without busting out into laughter, I took some pictures to use against them when they are teenagers (one of my favorite things to do). Then I started to think, surely all the things I did growing up won't come back on me ten fold. I have always heard that God has a sense of humor, but come on Lord, work with me here! Anyway, hope you all enjoy the pictures of one of the biggest messes I have cleaned since becoming a mother.



No comments: