Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!








On Saturday, we took the children to the Lazy Acres Pumpkin Patch. It was a cool, crisp fall day. We had a great time. They enjoyed everything from the train ride to the pig races. The highlight, of course, was the hay ride in to the pumpkin patch to pick out our "punkins." They checked each one intently and made sure that they got the exact ones they wanted.
We also took part in another Halloween tradition last night. "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was on TV. Now, this is one of my favorites and I was as excited to watch it as the kids were. Charlie did not move the entire 30-minute show, except to let me know when the commercials were on and how he wanted "the punkin show back on!" Caroline liked it, too and thought it was funny that poor, old Charlie Brown would only get rocks during the trick-or-treating.
I will be sure to post some photos of the kids in their costumes after Friday. Caroline is going back and forth between wanting to be a ballerina or Cinderella and Charlie is torn between Spiderman and Superman. We will see how it all shakes out when it comes time to get dressed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! I miss those babies so much. And you and Clay of course. But oh my gosh, if those aren't the most beautiful children... Caroline needs to teach Char man how to smile :) Poor thing looks like he is straining. LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!

Lori Ellen said...

Tell Caroline that I understand her dilemma. In the end, I've decided to dress up every day as Queen of All. Simple solution, really! Cute pics! Love you, Preggers!

Lori

Anonymous said...

awwe Rachel.. they are soo cute!! & congratulations on being pregnant :).. I miss y'all and can't wait to see ya again!
Love Trisha Jo.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Rach. They are growing up too fast. I wish Ma and Pa could see them. Zack is going as Axel Rhodes.
He has a mullet wig and the drum line bought one each and are going to wear them Friday night at the ballgame to make fun of their teacher. (He wore a mullet in school.)
Give my hugs to Charlie & Caroline Oh and Clay! /Aunt Ellen

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin patch sounds like fun, though we haven't managed to go to ours this year. we were watching the great pumpkin too, (one of cj's all time favorites!) and paxton loved it, but colt sits still for NOTHING! I am so excited that y'all are having another baby! I hope we get to see each other soon! maybe over the holidays???
EM